Residential Carpet Installation
At Cherry Carpet & Flooring, we strive to communicate effectively with our clients to address all logistical details prior to installation. We schedule every installation with an emphasis on time management & promptness. We strongly consider your comfort & convenience when planning your installation schedule, and we’re fully capable of setting up partition walls & running HEPA machines if you or your family will be present during installation.
Our carpet installers are a vital part of our team – courteous craftsmen that take great pride in their work. They bring many years of experience, full certification & continual training to assure quality that meets or exceeds industry standards. We hope the following information will help you prepare for your professional carpet installation. Proper preparation will make the entire process go faster & more efficiently.
Before your carpet installation
When we finalize the date of your installation, you can choose whichever date is most convenient for you & your household. We’ll review your job in detail, and you can expect your installers to call & inform you of their arrival time on installation day.
Before our installer arrives, it's important to prepare your room first. You'll need to consider the following, all of which we will be sure to review with you:
- Disconnect and remove all electronics and breakable décor.
- Clear closet floors in the room where new flooring will be installed.
- Drain and remove any water beds or aquariums.
- Make arrangements to disconnect & reconnect water or gas appliances.
- Notify installers if you’re aware of any water lines or wires installed under your existing flooring.
- Provide adequate power, light, ventilation, and heat before, during, and after your installation.
- Consider how your existing floors will be removed & disposed of. We are capable of doing this work for you if you wish.
- Remove any cases, moldings, baseboard & trim, and prepare to retouch paint post-installation.
- Be aware that your doors may not clear the height of your new carpet & may need to be removed & shaved down by a carpenter.
On and after installation day
First, we will perform a pre-installation job review with you. We’ll review seam locations and any special work that may be required. From there, we'll move any standard furniture per our arrangements made prior to installation day.
Once the pre-installation checklist is complete, we'll complete the work in accordance with all manufacturer and industry standards. We'll then clean up & dispose of all waste, vacuum and return your furniture.
To keep your family safe during installation, please ensure that children & pets are kept away from the work area during installation.
Once the installation is complete, we'll conduct a post-installation inspection to ensure your complete satisfaction. From there, it's up to you to properly care for and maintain your new carpet! Click here for some simple care tips. We also recommend establishing good ventilation to reduce the odor from your new carpet.
You may encounter shedding, which is natural. Frequent vacuuming for the first few days after installation should help to remove any loose fibers from your new carpet’s surface. Sprouting is also common. If you see any small tufts or loops of carpet sticking up, use a small pair of scissors to carefully trim the loose fibers until they’re flush with your carpet’s surface.
Finally, if you notice any wrinkles or ripples, it may be necessary to re-stretch your carpet. Please contact us to have this done professionally.